Update Failure with Application Deployment - Updating application broke panel

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 23.10 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization VMware
Application Application Deployment
Module ADSModule
Running in Container No
Current State Indeterminate

Problem Description

Issue

The superadmin role was deleted and making admins is now impossible, when assigning permissions to users they don’t get most of them working.

When a user tries to change their password is simply states, “no such user”.

Reproduction Steps

• Updated panel and nodes
  • Now on 2.5 Super Admin role is deleted and only the original admin user can do stuff.
  • Users try to change password without success.
2 Likes

Are you logged in as the superadmin user?

yes, i am currently logged in with the superadmin user.

All instances even though they are updated, they will only say “waiting for data”.
Users can not change their passwords with the error message “No such user”. We did try deleting the user and creating a new one. Still the same error message.
We also tried making new instances and they also display with “waiting for data”. The account that seems to be working the best is the automatically created account “admin”.

What’s the build number of AMP? (See the support tab or the version info in the bottom left)

I am also seeing this on all of my instances. I can manage, start, and stop them just fine still but they show this message.

Application Waiting
Manage this instance to start or configure the application.

Waiting for data

All problems except the “Waiting for data” part was solved with a clean reinstall of AMP.

I have the same issue “Waiting for data”. I have one master controller node and two workers. Both affected.

AMP Release “Callisto”
v2.5, built 22/03/2024 17:32

I also have an issue where instances some times wont start after restarting, but stopping and starting them it starts the server again.

I have the same problem with the latest 2.5 version.
The Super Admin role is gone, which means my Discord bot (GatekeeperV2Bot) is no longer work, Does not have permissions for GSMyAdmin.WebServer.CurrentSessionHasPermission.
Additionally, I have only one more issue, but I’m not sure if it’s related: when creating a new instance, I only see very few games displayed

This has been resolved in AMP 2.5.0.4 for me.

I was fine on 2.5.0.4 and 2.5.0.5, but I just updated to 2.5.0.6 and now am unable to start my Instance. It has the same errors as above “Waiting for data” and the instance never starts.

RESOLVED After doing some Googling I found the AMP logs. Logs indicated that my license was not valid.
[00:43:09] [Core Warning] : Expected licence feature RunAMP is not present.
[00:43:09] [Core Error] : No valid AMP licence was found. Please open a shell as the ‘amp’ user and run ampinstmgr reactivate Minecraft118 to reactivate this instance.

After adding back my license key via shell, everything is working again.