Startup Issue with Minecraft - Server won't start on forge

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

I am trying to install Skyfactory 3.0, following the tutorial on the Hostinger website it said i should switch to forge and change the forge version to be the same as the mod pack (in my instance Forge Version 12.18.3.2511) but the moment i switch the server to forge and try to start the server it says “Unable to start server” and doesn’t want to start.

Reproduction Steps

• Switch version from Java to Forge
  • I updated and downloaded the new forge version
  • I restarted the instance and tried to start the server

You don’t update forge when you’re using a modpack - you use the version that it comes with. So after unpacking the modpack you then simply select in AMP the forge version being used and hit start (not update)

Thank you for the quick response Mike. So i download Forge (without updating the version), unpack the zip file (modpack) in the mods folder? Also i cannot find where the setting AMP is located, sorry if i’m asking too much i’m kind of new to this.

go into the instance and then go to Configuration > Server Settings and then you will see Server type and then you have that select Forge and then change the forge version to what your mod pack uses, then press download/update to switch it over. Do not change the Server Jar and leave that on auto select