Palworld - RCON port error, stuck in a starting loop

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.8.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Palworld
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Starting

Task

Stuck in an infinite loading loop

Problem Description

Issue

RCON port does not load after shut down and update of palword on the panel. Causes the server to load, but not the RCON port, so we’re stuck in a “starting server” loop.

Here’s a github bug report on it:

Reproduction Steps

• Create a backup of the server game
  • Shut down the server and then update the game
  • Once updated, press start and it loads all the other ports except the RCON port.

I have the same issue, server is launched and players can connect but stuck in the Starting loop, with only abort as an option.
Would be good to have a fix for this so i can at least do Save and then restart scripts.
Pressing Abort(only option) will “kill” the server as expected.

So I found a “fix” for this. Stopped/abort the server, went to main menu and updated the instance itself. Once it was done it came back and auto started the server.
I am not running mine in a docker so i cannot speak to that portion of the step.
I was able to reproduce this with another server i waited to update on 8hrs later so there was no change the steam update that addressed this.

From Greelan - Startup Issue with Palworld - The server does not start - #2 by Greelan
"Greelan
6h

From the Main Menu screen (which shows all your instances):

Right click on the instance, Edit Settings
Turn off “Run in Docker Container”
Save changes. Wait until finished
Right click on the instance, Update. Wait until finished
Right click on the instance, Edit Settings, turn on “Run in Docker Container”. Save changes and wait until finished
Start the instance if not running, then Manage it
Find the “Community Server” setting, turn it off and on a couple of times

Done"

This just worked for me. Thanks for the detailed process. Now if I could only get my active users to show in AMP

Yeah i really wish this would work along with not “admin” commands that apparently only work in game?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.